Frequently Asked Questions
What is Open edX technology?
CampusSpainX is an educational digital experience based on Open edX technology
Open edx is the second largest platform for MOOCs, it belongs to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The mission of Open edX is to increase access to high quality education for all, everywhere
Open edX courses consist of learning sequences. Each sequence consists of different learning resources such as videos, readings, discussion forums, infographics, and evaluation or interaction exercises such as multiple-choice evaluations, open-ended questions, etc. Participants must complete these activities in order to achieve the required score and thus, if necessary, obtain the certificate of approval
There are two types of course modalities: courses at “your own pace” and courses at the “teacher’s pace”
Do I need to have any prior knowledge and technical requirements?
In order to take a CampusSpainX course, minimum computer skills are required at user level (Internet browsing, downloading of resources, use of electronic mail)
Our platform is a web space that is accessed through a computer or other device, with Internet connection through a browser. The courses are made to be accessible from any device with broadband internet connection
It is recommended to have installed the latest version of the browser (Chrome, Safari, Mozilla, Edge, etc) to improve the experience. Many of the problems with registration or access are caused by problems with the browser. If this happens to you, try the following:
- Switch to a current version of your browser
- Clean your browser.
The design of our courses includes integrated videos in all lessons. The only indispensable requirement to reproduce them correctly is to have a good connection
The courses also provide additional material that can be downloaded, it will be necessary to have free space on the hard drive. In order to be able to read the different types of files we recommend the following software or online readers:
- PDF readers:
- The web browser (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) has integrated PDF readers.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: https://acrobat.adobe.com/es/es/acrobat/pdf-reader.html
- Google Drive
- Readers text files, spreadsheets and presentations:
- LibreOffice (https://es.libreoffice.org/)
- Microsoft Office Package
- MS Office Online document viewer (https://products.office.com/es-es/office-online/view-office-documents-online)
- WPS Office Free (https://www.wps.com/office-free/)
How are our courses distributed?
Our training offer is distributed from different Training Modalities, Training Areas and Collections
- Soft Skills: With a maximum of five hours, we offer you a selection of the contents of the published and complete courses of the Certified Training modality
- Certified Training: In this modality you will find our certified and accredited courses where you will be able to learn at your own pace
- Certificates of Proffesionality
- Regulated Vocational Training
- International Accreditation Levels 4, 5, 6
- Accreditation University Studies
- Official and Regulated Vocational Training: You can find out about our online offer on our CampusFPX website (https://www.campusfpx.campusfp.es/) and our network of CampusFP centres (https://campusfp.es/fp/centros/)
- Vocational Orientation: We carry out Vocational and Professional Orientation from the end of the Obligatory Secondary Education or the obtaining of the E.S.O. for adults, up to the progression to National or International University Studies and always from the perspective of progression of the Professional Formation
- Training in Company: Our group and after more than 20 years working for training companies allows us to provide differentiated solutions within the field of training and development of human teams of organizations
Our free and certified courses are divided into different training areas covering a wide range of offer to meet multiple needs
- Ecology and environment
- Business and Economics
- Computers and New Technologies
- Health & Safety
Each training area can also be divided into different collections where you will find related courses
For example, within the training area ‘Business and Economics’ we have collections such as:
- Marketing Plan:
- Marketing Plan: The fundamental pillar
- Discover the magic of marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Analytical Marketing
- Marketing Mix:
- Marketing Mix: Discovering the 4P’s
- Marketing Mix: Distribution
- Marketing Mix: Product
- Marketing Mix: Comunicatión
- Marketing Mix: Price
You will be able to discover our different collections from the main menu, on the home page or on the sidebar of our pages
How do I access the CampusSpainX eLearning platform?
To access a course you are interested in you can do it from different itineraries:
Registering or logging in if you are already registered from the ‘Login/Register’ main menu, once logged in the menu will appear the option ‘Go to My Courses’ which gives you access to the CampusSpainX eLearning platform
This would be the most direct way but you have these other methods to access from the ‘Enroll’ button that appears in each course
1.- In Menu > Modalities of Training > selecting the category
Clicking on the category (for example ‘Ecology and Environment’ I access your courses)
2.- In Menu > Training Areas > Selecting within the area if we want a free or premium course
3.- From the different buttons on the Home page to access the ‘Course Catalogue’
4.- From the footer menu
5.- From the sidebar menu
Once we have selected the course, we access its Summary (About), where you will find all the information and details relating to that course. If it is open for enrollment you will have the ‘Enroll’ button enabled
From this moment on we enter our eLearning platform where you will have to register or log in
If you have already taken a course at CampusSpainX and want to access your desktop on the eLearning platform, you can do so from Main Menu > ‘Go to My Courses’
How do I register or login to the eLearning platform?
From the ‘Login/Register’ main menu you can ‘Create account’ if you have not yet registered, or ‘Login’ if you already have a user account. This method will create a user account both on the website and on the eLearning platform
From the ‘Register’ button of the course you selected you are already on the platform where you can ‘Create account’ if you have not yet registered, or ‘Login’ if you already have a user account
Can I change my access data?
In your profile you can change: full name, email and password. The username cannot be changed
What if I can't remember my password?
If this happens to you remember that you will have to click on “Forgot your password?” at the top right of the password text box. When you do this, a dialog box appears in which you will have to enter the email address you used for your user account. The system will send an email with the necessary steps to reset your password
Is my personal information safe and secure as a participant?
Yes, measures have been taken so that your information is not publicly available, however it can be consulted by the platform’s technical staff, teaching team, those responsible for the educational institution that teaches the course and, where appropriate, the Administration
We are obliged to comply with the current legislation on the protection of personal data contained in Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and the Guarantee of Digital Rights, which adapts in Spain the European Regulation on Data Protection (RGPD), as well as Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the protection of personal data and other regulations that complement and develop it
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Your personal data are incorporated into files owned by the training entity registered in the General Register of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, which will adopt the security measures required by current legislation
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition by sending a communication, including a copy of your DNI, to the mailing address or postal address of the training entity
How can I buy a course and what payment options does CampusSpainX offer?
In our catalogue we have free courses, so the process, once you have clicked on the ‘Register’ button of the course, will be either register if you are new to our platform or log in if you already have username and password. The course you have selected will appear on your desktop and you will be able to access it.
In the case of paid courses from the moment you give the button ‘Enroll’ of the selected course just as it happens with free courses, or you register if you do not have an account on our platform, or log in with your username and password. From there you start the process of buying the course
Methods of payment:
- Bank card